RĪGA WEATHER: Temperature: 32°F | 0°C | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 29.47in | 998hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 9mph | 15km/h | Forecast: Mostly Cloudy | High: 31°F
My Gold is My People,
is Their Honor
—Rudolfs Blaumanis (1863-1908)
our unique collection to learn more about Latvia’s history and
culture—and get to know Latvia and the Latvians through our pictures and
Our Top 5
Support us! Buy at
Center for Baltic Heritage
Explore the Latvian and Baltic past through accounts and pictures of the times.
- CfBH Home, Center for Baltic Heritage home page
- Culture, the riches of the Baltics in arts and crafts, folk costumes, literature, and music
- History, the Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians have lived on the Baltic for four millennia and longer
- History in Pictures, albums & postcards from the past
- Biographies, pivotal personalities in Baltic history and culture
- Book Reviews, our book reviews and recommendations
- IndexTimeline , index to all our reference materials by year published
- About CfBH, our reference initiative
CfBH Jaunumi! New!
We were hoping to wrap up this additional project in time for Latvia's 99th, but got delayed while we addressed some unrelated issues, such as changes to retrieving these posts from Facebook. (!) We are privileged to feature a biography of Frīdrihs Briedis, a brilliant military tactician, the first Latvian Rifleman, and among the first to be murdered by the Bolsheviks as he moved to support an independent Latvia.
Our republication features the original booklet as well as a wonderful translation by the late linguist David Guild. 2017 Dec 06
We're excited to bring you a major addition to our site, the official UNRRA report of the history of the Junkers Displaced Persons (DP) Camp, from our original (carbon) copy. 2017 Dec 06
Site contents copyright © 2017, S.A. and P. Vecrumba. All Rights Reserved.
external site and Google
Translate links are provided for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of,
affiliation with, or responsibility for such content.
Please Email us at email@example.com
with comments or questions. We look forward to your feedback.
Center for Baltic Heritage is a LATVIANS.COM project.