"Considering the Social Danger They Represent, All Must Be Shot."
The shooting of the victims was
executed without a previous court sentence, on the ground of a simple order.
Above is shown the last page of a list containing the names of 78 executed
Latvians and, at the end, a remark written in Russian and signed by S. Shustin,
Commissar of NKGB: "Considering the social danger they represent, all must
be shot." S. Shustin. June 26, 1941.
[There is no caption in the book, this text is repeated from Appendix 5]
- INTRODUCTION TO THE WORK
- Historical Introduction (Part 1)
- Historical Introduction (Part 2)
- Historical Introduction (Part 3)
- Historical Introduction (Part 4)
- Historical Introduction (Part 5)
- Historical Introduction (Part 6)
- Appendix 1, Deportation Order Nr. 001223
- Appendix 2, Deportee registration form
- Appendix 3, Deportee list
- Appendix 4, Trains and deportee counts
- Appendix 5, Order to deport General Balodis
- Appendix 6, Deportation trains
- Appendix 7, "All must be shot"
- Appendix 8, Release certificate
- Appendix 9, Baltezers victims (photo)
- Appendix 10, Dreiliņi mass grave (photo)
- Appendix 11, Prison yard corpses (photo)
- Appendix 12, Slave labor camps (photo)
- Appendix 13, 1st edition, List of names
- Appendix 14, Prison system (satellite view)
- Appendix 15, Wladimir prison (satellite view)
- List of Names, Key to list
- List of Names, First page of list (facsimile)
- List of Names, Pages listing those taken